Saturday, August 25, 2018

The Rain is Strong, But The Spirit is Stronger




After the rain comes a rainbow. Except in Liberia... After the rain comes more rain. It is raining so hard that my umbrella fails to fulfill it's purpose of keeping me dry! It's raining so hard that we cant hear each other talk inside and outside. Missionaries aren't allowed to swim but the the water is up to our knees so we are practically swimming! I love it so much haha! It's so much fun! I'm just glad we have a roof because most houses here don't have that luxury... 

The other day the rain was so bad that we were secluded to our home until we realized the rain wasn't stopping anytime soon and we were called to serve. Not... Called to serve after the rain. We got soaked haha. We did a huge service activity on Saturday.It was so much fun working win the rain with other members! I had the best time!

There's an African fabric here called Lappa! It's literally the coolest! I bought some and i'm going to make some sweet ties with it.

People can't say Elder Hallenberger here so once again... Elder Hamburger is my name. I think it's so funny when little kids yell hamburger whenever I walk by! Ah it's classic! 

The first day I was here we met this kid named Zwana. He is super interested in the message we have to share! We've only taught him a few times but every time we come over... He invites a new friend to join us and they are just as excited as he is! Thanks to Zwana... We now have 6 new investigators. Interested investigators. We had them teach us about the Book of Mormon as an exercise to see how well they understand. They taught us about the Book of Mormon better than we had taught them! Ah it's just so exciting! Zwana and his friends are just a small portion of the amazing investigators Elder James and I have!

I wish you guys could witness some of the amazing experiences I have every second of everyday here. One spider named Jasper is bigger than my hand! Ahhh! Besides the spiders... I love it here Liberia is just wonderful! Love you all! 

Sincerely, Elder Hamburger

PS: I had some great pics and vids of me being stupid in the rain but I'll have to send them later because of connection problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Bless The Rains Down In Africa!

I have waited until Sunday to post this message because Sunday is a sacred day and this message will include many miracles:) Just this la...