Thursday, August 22, 2019

I have a son! I'm also an English teacher...



Dear family and friends,

Words cannot describe how crazy this past week has been!

Lets start with the killing of my good friend and companion, Elder Nick Stitcher. This man is no small man. He pushed me so hard and it was always a great time working with him. We baptized 3 people on Sunday during his final hours of being a missionary. Just as the service concluded, President Price came to pick up Elder Stitcher. Before they left, Stitcher extended his hand to shake mine. I rejected it and pretended as though I was stabbing him. He accepted his fate and fell into my arms. Rest in peace Elder Stitcher. Your positive impact on the mission will continue to ripple for a long time. Thanks brother man.




The baptism was amazing!!! We told the congregation that after church, a baptism will take place outside for Annie, Patrick, and Maxwell. Everyone was there to witness the service and it was a great day in Kakata! I'm so excited for these 3 children who have decided to join their families and be baptized. I'm also excited about 2 of my long time investigators who recently got married and are now ready to be baptized! 

On Wednesday, Elder Pollmann invited me to train a new missionary! I gladly accepted the call. After Stitcher left on Sunday, I was in a threesome with Elder Pluim and Elder Andriamisa (Madagascar) and we moved into our brand new apartment closer to our area. On Tuesday afternoon, I received a text from President saying, "You will love your new companion. He is so humble. He is just learning English so be patient with him. I gave him to you because you will not only help him be a great English speaker, but also a great missionary! He said he desires to be completely obedient. You are the guy for him." Knowing such a task would be difficult and not at all what I expected, I asked the elders in my apartment to give me a blessing. A few hours later, Elder Dabi from Brazzaville Congo arrived and it was so great to finally meet my (long awaited) son. It's very true that he can't speak a lot of English but it's also true that the gift of tongues is real and that the Lord will bless us as we stay obedient, diligent, and faithful. 

I have already asked myself why President felt that I, Elder Hallenberger, a complete clown should be the one to train the only French man who came this transfer (there was 10). Nevertheless, I trust President and the Lord and I am honored to be trusted with such an opportunity and responsibility. I pray I wont get sick again because I desire to give this task my full undivided attention. These experienced will surely help me later in life when I become a real father. Hopefully none of my babies come out speaking French though....  

I love you all! 

Sincerely, Elder Hallenberger





No comments:

Post a Comment

God Bless The Rains Down In Africa!

I have waited until Sunday to post this message because Sunday is a sacred day and this message will include many miracles:) Just this la...