Monday, October 29, 2018

A seed was planted!


Dear family and friends,

I don't have much time to email this week due to the transfer so I'll make this short, sweet, and simple!

When I get to know new people before a lesson I like to ask them what their favorite Liberian soup is! There's palm butter, casava, beans, pe-pe soup, potato greens, gravy, red oil soup, pumpkin, and last and DEFINITELY least... Tobogee! My favorite is casava but to make people giggle I say tobogee because NOBODY likes tobogee!
There's another dish here I love but I used to hate. It's called Liberian spaghetti. It can easily be made in America so I'll tell you what it is... Liberian spaghetti is tomato paste noodles with cucumber, mayo, ketchup, onion, boiled egg, and sausage! And if you'd like to make it truly Liberian... Put a gallon of pe-pe on it! My goal is to learn how to make each dish! 

Well this things are changing again! Elder James left this morning to serve in Monrovia and Elder Tamfumo left for his brand new area in Bongo. Never before touched my missionaries! I'm going to miss them so much! I'm grateful for Elder James and his dedication to train me so well! As for me... I'm staying here with my new companion from Ivory Coast named Elder Dea! (Drug enforcement agency) The man is dope! He used to be a DJ and he said he will teach me some French! Ah i'm so excited to get to know him!

I am excited to continue the work in this area. Sister Oretta agreed to be baptized on the 10th of November! She has been investigating for 6 years and is now ready to become a member! 

When I first got here there was an investigator (Lets call her Alice) who was about to be dropped by Elder James and Elder Zandemella. After meeting with her once... I felt that we shouldn't stop teaching her rather... Change the way we teach her. The reason they reasonably felt she should be dropped was because she wouldn't attend church and didn't seem interested. I suggested that we didn't teach her with all her distracting friends around. This approach made Alice more attentive and interested! She began to love meeting with us. At first... She couldn't read a word but after daily Book of Mormon study... She can now read clearly without any help! Powerful book!!! I was so happy to see her this last Sunday at sacrament meeting! I'm so glad I followed a prompting and continued meeting with Alice. I don't think I will see her baptism because she's still progressing but... I am certain a seed was planted and that makes me so incredibly happy!:)

I love this work so much! I can already see how the service is changing me spiritually and physically haha!

Sincerely, Elder Hallenberger

PS: Happy to hear about the changes in the ward! Brother Packer is a great guy and I love and sustain him!



No comments:

Post a Comment

God Bless The Rains Down In Africa!

I have waited until Sunday to post this message because Sunday is a sacred day and this message will include many miracles:) Just this la...