Monday, April 8, 2019

The Spirit of Africa



Dear family and friends,

This week was very successful! We have 2 baptisms planned for the 20th of April and this last Saturday, we held a beautiful baptismal service for Brother Nathan. I love seeing the work go forward and it's a privilege to be apart of it here in Liberia.

We wont be able to watch General conference until the end of this month but I will soon go into the office and download the audio. I heard it was a spiritual weekend and a lot of inspired words were spoken by our Prophet and Apostles. I'm excited!









Missionaries aren't really supposed to pull pranks but on April 1st, Elder Roundy and I set Elder Teichert and Elder Aspuria's alarms to go off every hour on Monday morning haha! Elder Aspuria is 25 years old (7 years older than me) and I cant imagine what he thinks of us... children. Haha he's a good sport and he even sometimes provokes the childish activities like throwing balls at me while i'm trying to cook. I don't doubt I'll miss this when I'm 50 years old and behind a desk.



Elder Aspuria is the best missionary here and I'm grateful for the time I've had with him in Paynesville.

I could very possibly be transferred this Monday. This is my 3rd transfer here in Duport Road and I would like to stay another but whatever happens next is revelation from the Lord. We will find out this week.

1 year ago, I received my mission call and Liberia instantly became a massive part of my life. I would have never guessed that Liberia would impact my life as much as it has this past year. The Spirit of Africa is truly amazing and I echo the words of Elder Bednar when he says that the Gospel in Africa will be what changes the rest of the world for good.

I love you all.

Sincerely, Elder Hallenberger





No comments:

Post a Comment

God Bless The Rains Down In Africa!

I have waited until Sunday to post this message because Sunday is a sacred day and this message will include many miracles:) Just this la...