Monday, January 21, 2019

Elder Chicko Flav Fla


Dear family and friends,



This week went by so fast! It was also super fun and successful! Probably the reason it flew:) Speaking of days flying... The 18th of January marked my 6 months as a missionary! I only have a sister's mission left! 





It was also Elder Aspuria's 25th birthday so we had a nice dinner that evening. Not trying to brag or anything but... Elder Hamburger has become quite the Liberian chef! My investigators call me the Chicko Flav Fla! (Not sure what it means exactly but it has to do with the way I can cook)














To celebrate the milestone and follow tradition, we torched one of my ties with matches and bug spray! Turns out I'm not good at torching... I sprayed my thumb holding the match and lit it on fire instead of the tie! (The video is priceless)





































The next day we held a baptismal service for Pinky, Cherish, and 13 other candidates for other Elders. It was beautiful! I baptized and Elder Booher confirmed on Sunday morning. We were able to hear both of their testimonies and it was amazing! I'm so happy for both of them and I'm excited to continue helping them as they continue progressing in the Gospel!
They're not the only ones progressing in our area! Our area is on fire!!! 7 planned baptisms for the 9th of February and more later in the month!! My companion and I are very excited about our area! I'm so glad he's staying another transfer because our area is huge and I dont have it memorized quite yet. That and he's a dope guy:)





















































I'm loving the missionaries I get to work with! Elder Aspuria is awesome and can cook anything anytime! The Liberians call him the silent nigga! I was able to go on exchange with Elder Packer in my area on Friday. It was so much fun! We taught many lessons and found some Chick-fil-A cows on the street! We bought one and It sits on my nightstand to remind me of what I miss most about home;) (Kidding)

We also saw a monkey tied to a tree. When Elder Packer went in to pet him... It didnt mind. But when I tried to pet it... It started jumping, screaming, and throwing fists! Stupid monkey. I hope they eat him. (Kidding again)

We were walking down a road when a group of little kids behind us started chanting racist Chinese blabber like, "NE-HOW!" or, "CHING-CHONG! BING-BONG!" I looked at Elder Packer with a smile and said, "Watch this." I then quickly turned around and sprinted towards them roaring! Haha it was so satisfying and hilarious watching these racist little kids helplessly cry and run frantically away from the "monster" chasing them! I'm gonna be the best father someday:)

I'm 6 months in and I'm still loving the mission!! It's just awesome and I'm so happy to be here! Love you all! 

Sincerely, Elder Hallenberger





















No comments:

Post a Comment

God Bless The Rains Down In Africa!

I have waited until Sunday to post this message because Sunday is a sacred day and this message will include many miracles:) Just this la...