Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Light The World


Dear family and friends,

I hope everyone is enjoying the season! This is my 2nd and last mission Christmas and although I miss my family and home, I can honestly say that there is no place I'd rather be than right here serving God's children in this part of the world. It sounds super cheesy I know but after gaining such a strong testimony of the true gift of Christmas... I can't think of a better way to say thank you to my Heavenly Father than to share the knowledge of this gift to those who haven't been so privileged. After all, when we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God. (MOSIAH 2:17) 

Elder Gababoi and I are here in Boystown working hard everyday trying to find many new people to teach. We have truly been blessed for our efforts. We have a lot of good families and people to teach everyday! Especially a 12 year old girl named Debra who saw us walking on the road and called out, "Hello Jehovah Witnesses!" We introduced ourselves and let her know that we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She was so curious as to who we were that she insisted we followed her home to meet her mother. Her mom was working hard in the hot sun washing clothes. She was very shocked when after we greeted her, we put our ties in our pockets and started washing the clothes. She was also very surprised when she heard my Liberian English! After we washed all the clothes, we all sat down and had a lesson....

After teaching about the nature of God, I asked a question that usually causes people to think and ponder. Most people aren't able to answer the question! "If God has a body of flesh and bone... why is it we can't see Him? Why does he send a prophet to speak to us instead of talking to us Himself?" Instantly and without hesitation Debra confidently answered, "God wants us to believe before we see!" I know this story would seem like nothing but for a missionary who has been trying for over a year to explain this doctrine... It almost brought me to tears. What always seems so difficult for an adult to understand was so simply easy for a young girl.

My experience with Debra and her mother is one of many each and everyday! This is why I am so happy to be here! It keeps me on my feet! The Lord has blessed me with good health and also a great companion who works hard side by side with me. Don/t worry about me this Christmas! Our apartment just got AC and tonight we are making pizza and tomorrow we are making burgers!

Love, Elder Hallenberger

PICTURES: 1st is my grandfather, father, me, and my son. 2nd is a lot of my past companions. I know the hair is long haha it will be cut soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

God Bless The Rains Down In Africa!

I have waited until Sunday to post this message because Sunday is a sacred day and this message will include many miracles:) Just this la...