Monday, March 18, 2019

Fun In The Sun

Dear family and friends,

This last week was very successful! I'm absolutely loving the work and my awesome companion, Elder Roundy makes it all the more fun and enjoyable. He's a great and humble missionary. I hope to stay with him for another transfer.

Our investigator, Dave is still working towards a marriage license. Since he works all week, we are only able to see him on Sundays after service. The Sisters at the Hawaii visitor center have been so helpful! They originally gave us his contact and every other night they take the time to read the Book of Mormon with him. I've been keeping in touch with them and they are always excited to hear about his continuing progression. 

On Thursday, we had a zone conference about physical and spiritual safety. We watched a couple of the new safety videos that the church recently released for missionaries and President Clark gave us an amazing instruction about how we can always keep ourselves safe from spiritual danger.





















We did a role-play exercise where we practiced the beginning of teaching investigators. Our 'investigator' was our AP, Elder Pollmann. Role-playing usually makes me feel awkward and nervous but luckily, Elder Pollmann was a great actor and he made it easy for us to teach him. He also gave us helpful advice and criticism. I guess I just usually go with the flow, wing it, or simply say what feels right when I teach so when I am being.... analyzed... I panic and wish I wish I had a script. It wasn't too bad though:)

We had an awesome district council on Friday morning! Elder Roundy asked me to conduct the discussion so I decided to talk about how we can more naturally share our testimonies.. on mission and at home. I figured it would be a good topic because we as missionaries share our testimonies multiple times a day. I used the help of an article from the recent Liahona... It gave 5 simple key points to remember when sharing a testimony. Keep it simple, fit the conversation, be prepared, share experiences, stay centered on the Savior, and invite to act. We talked about each one and how we can better apply it to our daily lives as missionaries and disciples of Jesus Christ. We seemed to learn a lot from each other's input.



The work is sweet! Liberia is hot but rainy season will begin soon. This morning a man reached for my wallet but I smacked his hand and gave him the glare until he walked away. Typical morning in Liberia:)

Love you all! 

-Elder Hallenberger




No comments:

Post a Comment

God Bless The Rains Down In Africa!

I have waited until Sunday to post this message because Sunday is a sacred day and this message will include many miracles:) Just this la...