Monday, February 18, 2019

Liberia Mission Report!


Dear family and friends,



In my area, Investigators become members quickly so my companion and I are constantly trying to find new people to teach. I kinda get sad when investigators move on because I love teaching them so much and I don't ever want to stop. At the same time... The thought of thousands of people waiting for me to meet and teach them makes me anxious and excited to hop out the door! I hope i'll always have companions who feel the same way.

Unfortunately, a couple of our investigators are simply waiting for marriage licenses so they can be baptized. Its not a big problem... Just requires a little patience. I'm very proud of them because they seem to be doing everything they can to gain the funds needed.

Recently, we've been teaching Sister Decontee's family! They love the message and accept it all very well! Decontee is super interested in serving a mission so we have been answering a lot of her questions. I do have to say... After hearing her teach and testify with us, I have no doubt that she will someday be an outstanding missionary:)

Our area is doing great! 2 scheduled baptisms for the 23rd and many more to follow as we continue the work in this amazing country of Liberia! It's truly a privilege to be here serving the Lord.

I am very excited and surprised about the recent changes concerning communication between missionaries and their families. Personally, I have no doubt that this change will improve the work and that it's revelation from God. In my eyes, My dad and my brother are two of the best return missionaries I know and I've often asked myself what they'd do in various difficult mission situations I face. Now, I feel very blessed that I'll soon be allowed to give them a call whenever I need encouraging and positive advice. I am very curious how the Church will do this for my specific mission. Our President is still trying to work out a way for this to work but as for now... The change doesn't apply to the Liberia mission. Haha we don't even get the new handbooks, PMG's, and planners!  It's a bummer for sure but it's all part of the sacrifice of serving in Liberia! All I know is that if i get the chance to call my folks.. I'll take it:)






I love you all! Thanks for the constant love and support! 

Love, Elder Hallenberger







No comments:

Post a Comment

God Bless The Rains Down In Africa!

I have waited until Sunday to post this message because Sunday is a sacred day and this message will include many miracles:) Just this la...