Monday, November 11, 2019

Goodbye Kakata!


Dear family and friends,

I will miss my home in Kakata! For the past 7 and a half months I have been in that area with 3 different companions! Together we have worked hard and we have been blessed to meet, teach, and baptize a total of 30 brothers and sisters! I love them and I am grateful for the opportunity I had to bring them into the gospel.


On Saturday, Sister Abigail was baptized and confirmed the following morning. How happy I am for her choice to follow Christ's example! She will be a wonderful addition to the Relief Society. I was invited to bear my testimony that day and I thanked the congregation for being so helpful and loving! They are truly my family and I will miss them. Afterwards, my recent convert, Zack was ordained to the office of an Elder and was called to serve as the district clerk. He will also do great things in his calling. I am now leaving the area in the hands of my son Elder Dabi who I know will keep it strong. I will also miss him and I am grateful for him.


Before I left, one of the branch sisters (who I have referred to as my Liberian grandma) invited me to come and kill one of her pigs. We have been previously helping her raise the pigs on her farm and as a kind way of saying goodbye, she requested that I come and slit one of the bigger pig's throat for a special fairwell dinner. I'll leave the story there because
I know (from experience) you guys are sensitive:) #RIPMitch


About a month ago, President interviewed me in hopes to figure out where the Lord wants me to serve my 4th area. My wish was to serve in Paynesville again with my friend Elder Wolfe again. Well as luck would have it... I have been assigned to Boystown Paynesville to serve with Elder Gababoi from Botswona. I am living with Elder Wolfe and his new companion, Elder Ikechuku from Nigeria. I am happy to be here and excited to start working!

Elder Hallenberger




No comments:

Post a Comment

God Bless The Rains Down In Africa!

I have waited until Sunday to post this message because Sunday is a sacred day and this message will include many miracles:) Just this la...